Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rush, Rush, Rush

Rush, Rush, Rush......Things to do....This time of the year is a busy time...The Thanksgiving holiday is over....Tommy is at work all the holidays this year (thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years)..I've got my schedule at work to "work" around.....Luke has his job....Wesley is being deployed to Qutar right after Christmas... I've not really bought any Christmas presents yet...and the few I have arent wrapped...I guess I could "wrap" them in Walmart sacks again (but that's another old story of Christmas past)....Right now....All my clothes are scattered all over my room.....Why? you ask....
Well, crazy me ....in the midst of all this madness...I'm leaving for New Orleans in two days for a cruise....So as usual I've got to try on things...My closet ranges from the skinny me to the current "fluffy" me....So who knows what fits.....And I really dont want to overpack (as I always do)..My initial plans were to take only one pair of dressy shoes...But when trying on clothes today....Robin and Priscilla (my wardrobe consultants) didnt really like my taste in shoes.....So now, I've got 3 pairs of shoes for night time, I"ll have to have at least 2 pairs of sandals, and my tennis shoes....the minimum of 6 pairs of shoes....I've got nice clothes for supper...then the outfits for daily wear.... and what i'm going to wear when we are in Cozumel...So right now you cant even see my bed....everything is tossed all over it....

So the blessings in all of this rush:
Well, Tommy is at work...so he cant see our bedroom....but he knows me well and i'm sure he isnt surprised...
The only one on the cruise who cares what you wear is YOU!
I'm going to one of my favorite places on the planet.....
I'm taking a cruise...which is one of my favorite things to do...
I can relax...breathe the ocean air...see the BLUE BLUE water...and if you've ever seen it you understand....
When we get back.....Christmas will be just around the corner...And it is my favorite time of year....... A time to remember the One who has blessed me enormously with life, love and family was born...

My prayer is that I can be a blessing to others! I love all of ya'll from the bottom of my heart.....

1 comment:

The Clay's said...

I hope you have a great time on the cruise.

Love ya.