Thursday, November 13, 2008

What is "perfect"

We all want "perfect"...The "perfect" house, "perfect" mate, "perfect" job, "perfect body, and on and on and on....

But what is "perfect"?

Why are we disappointed, let down, feel disgraced, or just give up when "perfect" doesnt happen?

God has placed us in a world where the "unperfect" is all around.

But that is through man's eyes...

Does God see imperfect?

Where is all this going you ask!!!

Well, I had a conversation at the post office ( yep only in small town USA) about someone's new born grandson. He has Down's Syndrome. And in man's eyes, we see "imperfect". But then I wonder, What does God see? I dont think He sees "imperfect". I think He sees a child full of promise, full of potential, a baby, toddler, a kid, a young man, an adult man full of promise. We have limited "seeing" ability.

But I put my trust, my confidence, my "imperfect" vision in the Hands of the One who is PERFECT!

So, I'm writing this and at the same time asking for that tug on my heart when I think I see something or someone I think is "imperfect". To be reminded that we are all perfect in God's Eyes!

1 comment:

Amy Meek said...

You have such wisdom!!! I love the holidays. See you guys in a week and 1/2. Love ya'll.