Sunday, October 19, 2008

Death and Dying

Being a nurse you are around death and dying....This last week has really been rough....Electra had a two car wreck (a head-on) where a 40 yr old man died...who had a wife and two daughters (besides parents and other relatives), and two 18 year old girls died....Also a 16 year old girl is on the vent in the hospital and at this time who knows exactly what long term recovery she will have to go thru......All of these people were local people....so the whole town has felt the effect....from being relatives, being friends, being friends of relatives and even the kids being students......It's just heart breaking....
So death, death of friends, death of family members has been on my mind... .....My heart just aches for the families......I know Who is in control...I know He holds us in His hand...I know He feels and knows how we feel.....I know He doesnt cause evil or bad to happen....But does that make the pain for the families less?.....does that make life without a husband, father, daughter, sister, brother, son any brighter? In my "churchy" sayings.."I know life goes on"...."God is in control".......and all the other sayings that pop into my mind...
But when a family member said...."i just dont know what to do"......My only answer was ....."Just breathe".....

3 comments:

Amy Meek said...

Man, I am so sorry you have had to go through all of that! Yes, God is in control but that doesn't make it any easier!!

Robin said...

You have such a soft heart and feel for others so well. I'm sorry you have to hurt too. And of coarse we know that just becuase we know who is in control and trust Him doesn't make pain any less real or worry any less present, but we don't have to face it alone.....I just pray that all of the loved ones of those families can know it too.

Robin said...

Two of the songs I have on my playlist I want you to listen to even though I'm sure you've heard them many times....you can even share them with those who need to hear them too....."Cry out to Jesus" and "Prayer for a friend"...songs have differnt meanings when you are going thru different situations.....I love you mom....soooo much.....just in case I haven't told you lately.