Thursday, September 11, 2008

Free to Choose

I've been reading another book.....the first one I read was "The Shack" and now I am into "So You Don't Want To Go To Church Anymore"...interesting title...huh?.....They both are hitting deep spots of my so called "christian" theology.....They both deal seriously with today's view of what being a "christian" is.....And both laugh at the concept of being "christian"....Jesus wasnt a "christian"....He didnt come to make us "christians"....See I told you it was deep....The main idea of both books..is RELATIONSHIP... another common thread is FREEDOM.....

In the book (not going to church)...(and i've not finished it yet)...I highlighted this part today.....Just listen: ...."The greatest freedom God can give you is to trust His ability to take care of you each day."

The characters go on talking about tommorow, the rent later in the month, medical bills, etc.etc.etc.....All the things we worry and try hard to plan and fix...... And my mind starts thinking of all sorts of things in my life...Robins up coming tests...getting the money to pay income tax...You know all the things in life that invade our lives at every turn....Even the Lord's Prayer says..."Give us this day our daily bread...Jesus said that.....

So...somewhere in this "FREEDOM"...I've got to learn to look at today...know that He promised to give me/take care of all those "things"..and trust in His ability.....

Whew....I think it takes some letting loose of the reins..... FREEDOM is a two edged sword....FREEDOM for me to be in control or FREEDOM to let God be in control.. ..

And as I end this...the thought comes to me.....Why do i want to be in control?....Why do I worry?......When my God knows what I need even before I ask....Stupid..stupid me......Yep...I'm working on the relationship.

1 comment:

Amy Meek said...

I cant wait to read the shack. Thanks so much for sending it to me!! It was such a great surprise to receive it in the mail. Thanks so much!! Love ya.