Wednesday, June 4, 2008

sunrise.........

I drive about 80 miles round trip to work 3 days a week...People say..that's alot of driving..how do you do it?
Personally, I love to drive...and I really LIKE driving to work...Sometimes I ride in total quiet for the 40 minutes.....my mind wanders from subject to subject....or sometimes "I just sleep going to work"...no really, my mind is just totally blank..and when i get to work...i think....i dont remember the drive hardly at all (i'm sure that's safe).
Other times I have Klove blasting....singing away to whatever song is playing.....I was really meant to sing........You know I think I really sound good in the car....But for those who have ever sang with a microphone, in front of a crowd......will understand....for some strange reason I just dont sound the same as I do in the car......As I said...I really sound GOOD in the car......but the microphone betrays me....
Or other times, I'm not listening to the radio....I'm listening to the current movie of the week playing on the dvd player...It is usually Nemo, Shrek..or occasionally a Harry Potter flick......of course, these are emari's fav's....and actually they are nana's too.....
But then there are mornings like this morning.......I have the radio turned low and just admire the beauty of the morning....personally I HATE MORNINGS.....people say "oh this morning was so nice, so cool, so whatever.....personally...i like my morning to start around noon...and of course, in the summer it's usually already hot....
But this morning the sunrise was absolutely awesome......i"ve seen the sun rise over the carribean (once).....I've seen it come over the mountain tops...it usually shines in my bedroom window....But this morning words are hard to describe.......We live in flat land..that you are able to see for miles and miles......the wheat is golden and ripe for harvest...great big large fields waving in the breeze......The big orange sun breaks the horizon...."MORNING SUN"...is what i usually say aloud......But this morning after it was up alittle bit.....there was a scattering of clouds...some white and some with gray.....the rays of the sun just coming up over the horizon pushed skyward thru the clouds........the rest of the sky was about 4 different shades of blue....It was a picture postcard moment......But it'll just have to be ingrained in my brain because I had no camera......I am glad that I was up at this time and saw this feat of nature.....
I guess mornings are special......that's when the sun comes up

1 comment:

Robin said...

See you write beautifully too. It amazes me just how much like you I have become. And that's a wonderful thing mom. I love you.